1."Influence of Aggregate Types on Expanding Concrete Properties,” Master of Science Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 191 pp., 1965.
2. "Slender Prestressed Concrete Columns," Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley, 318 pp., 1966. Also published as Report No. 67-10, SESM Division, U.C. Berkeley, 237 pp., May 1967.
3. Statistical Methods in Structural Mechanics, V.V. Bolotin,
Holden-Day, Inc., 240 pp., 1969 (Translation from Russian)
4. "Differential Images of the Future," with M. Adelson, Chapter VI, The Delphi Method-Techniques and Applications, edited by H. Linstone and M. Turoff, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, pp. 433-462, 1975.
5. "Games Federal Officials Play: The Case of the Housing Assistance Plans", with Frederick A. Lazin, Chapter in Public Policy Implementation, edited by George C. Edwards III, JAI Press, Inc., Greenwich, Connecticut, pp.157-168, 1985.
6. "The Chile Earthquake of March 3, 1985", Co-author, Earthquake Spectra, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Vol. 2:2, pp. 249 - xxx, February 1986.
7."Symposium on Developing Areas, Universities and Public Policy", Co-editor, with Fred Lazin and Yehuda Gradus, Policy Studies Journal, Vol. 14, No.3, pp. 403-507, March 1986.
8. Joint U.S.-Romanian Seminar on Earthquakes and Energy, Bucharest, 2-9 September 1985, Co-editor with Romulus Constantinescu, Architectural Research Centers Consortium, Inc., Washington D.C., Three Volumes, 1987.
9."Concrete Admixtures", Contributor to the Encyclopedia of Building Technology, edited by Henry J. Cowan, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, pp. 49-51, 1988.
10. The Policy Impact of Universities in Developing Regions,
Co-editor, with Fred Lazin and Yehuda Gradus, Macmillan Press, 251 pp., 1988.
11. Proceedings, Natural Disasters - Agenda for Future Action, Editor, UCLA International Conference, July 10-12, 1991,149 pp.
12. Autoclaved Aerated Concrete - Properties, Testing and Design, RILEM Recommended Practice, Co-editor, E & FN Spon, 404 pp., 1993.
13. Memories of the Holocaust: Kishinev (Chisinau) 1941 - 1944,
UCLA, ISOP, 156 pp., 1995
14. Proceedings, The Sixth INRUDA International Symposium – Role of Universities in Developing Areas, Paris, France, June 8-11, 1999,
Co-editor with John Hawkins, ESTP, 427 pp., 2000
15. "Full-Scale Tests of Precast Multi-Story Flat Construction," with A. J. Francis and W. P. Brown, ASTM Symposium on Full-Scale Tests on House Structure, Special Publication No.210, pp.50-60, 1957.
16. "On the Ultimate Strength and Elastic Design Theories", Journal of the Association of Engineers and Architects in Israel, Vol.11, No.11, pp.299-302, November 1961.
17. "Folded Plate Roofs Structural Theory," Architectural Science Review, Part 1: pp.146-150, December 1964; Part 2: pp.20-28,
18. "Fundamentals Underlying Shrinkage in Concrete, A Review", with P.K. Mehta,
The Indian Concrete Journal, Vol.39, No.12, pp.485-492, December 1965.
19. "Expansive Cements and Expanding Concrete", with M. Polivka and B. Bresler, Report No. 67-7, SESM Division, University of California, Berkeley, 74 pp., July 1966.
20. "Effect of Expanded Shale Aggregate on Properties of Expansive-Cement Concrete," with M. Polivka, Proceedings, RILEM International Symposium on Lightweight Aggregate Concretes, pp.475-502, Budapest, Hungary, March 1967.
21. "Slender Prestressed Concrete Columns," American Society of Civil Engineers, Structural Division Journal, Vol.94, No.ST4, pp.875-904, April 1968.
22. "The Strength of Slender Prestressed Concrete Columns ", Prestressed Concrete Institute Journal, Vol.13, No.2, pp.19-33, April 1968 (Translated into Italian and published in Il Calcestruzzo Preconfenzionato, No.20, pp.11-19, February 1972).
23. "Tentative Recommendations for the Design of Prestressed Concrete Columns" PCI Committee on Prestressed Concrete Columns (Aroni, S., Member), Prestressed Concrete Institute Journal, Vol. 13, No.5, pp.12-21, October 1968.
24. "Chemically Prestressed Concrete," with V. Bertero and M. Polivka, Prestressed Concrete Institute Journal, Vol.13, No.5, pp.22-35, October 1968.
25. "Size Effects in Material Systems--The State of the Art", with G.M. Sabnis, Proceedings, International Conference on Structure, Solid Mechanics, and Engineering Materials, pp.12/1-12/12, April 1969.
26. "Aerated Concrete for Mass Housing," Type B Proposal to HUD on "Operation Breakthrough," September 1969.
27. "Expansive Cement Concretes--Present State of Knowledge," ACI Committee 223 (Aroni, S., Member), American Concrete Institute Journal, Vol.67, No.8, pp.583-610, August 1970.
28. "Building Systems--Why Concrete?" AIA Architect/Researcher's Conference, November 1970.
29. "Housing Development in the U.S.A.," Second World Congress of Engineers and Architects, Tel-Aviv, December 1970, International Technical Cooperation Center (ITCC) Review, Vol.1, No.1, pp.37-53, January 1972.
30. "Concrete Materials - What Does the Future Hold?", Building Practice, Vol.2, No.3, pp.8-9, Bombay, India, March 1971, (Translated into Italian and published in Il Calcestruzzo Preconfenzionato, No.28, October-December 1973).
31.” Size and Culture -- An Attempt that Failed”, Art and Technology Program, Maurice Tuchman (ed.), pp.86-94, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, May 1971.
32.” Observations of Temperature Effects on a Flat Slab Reinforced Concrete Building", Proceedings of the International RILEM Symposium on Concrete in Hot Countries, Vol.III, pp.1138-1150, Haifa, Israel, August 1971.
33. "Systems Building -- Methods, Materials, Management", The Building Centre of Israel Quarterly, No.5, pp.25-29, October-December, 1971, No.6, pp.16-25, January-March 1972.
34. "Durability of Fiberglass--Portland Cement Composites", with D.S. Cahn, J.C. Phillips, and O. Ishai,Journal of the American Concrete Institute, Vol. 70, No. 3, pp. 187-189, March 1973 (Translated into Italian and published in Il Calcestruzzo Preconfenzionato, No.30, pp.11-14, July 1974).
35. "Images of the Future", with M. Adelson and J. Valerio, School of Architecture and Urban Planning, UCLA, March 1972.
36. "Use of Paper Honeycombed Panels in Housing Construction", with G.M. Sabnis, Proceedings, Symposium on Panelized Structural Assemblies, Sir George Williams University, Montreal, Canada, pp. 139-156, May 1972.
37."U. S. A. Survey of Wall Panels and Curtain Walls", prepared for the Koor Company, 97 pp. June 1972.
38. "Group Images of the Future", with M. Adelson, Proceedings, Third World Future Research Conference, Bucharest, Romania, 8 pp., September 1972.
39. "Shakedown in Elevator Earthquake Safety Control", with L. Benuska, M. Solberg and W. Schroll, Building, pp.65-67, March 1973.
40."Developing a Policy Simulator of the Israeli Housing System: A Progress Report", with B. M. Kibel,Proceedings, Third World Congress of Engineers and Architects, Israel, December 1973. Also published in Computers and Urban Society, Vol. 1, pp.77-91,
41. "Israeli Housing System Project", World Institute, Jerusalem, Israel. Interdisciplinary team under the direction of Samuel Aroni. Reports Published March 1974:
1."Immigrant Housing", 79 pages (in Hebrew)
2."Housing Policy Simulator", with three Appendices, 213 pages
3."Maintenance of Housing in Israel", 99 pages (in Hebrew)
4."Self-Help Housing", 46 pages (in Hebrew)
5."Functions of Supply and Demand of New Dwellings in Israel",
30 pages (in Hebrew)
6."Land Price Survey", 81 pages (in Hebrew)
42. "Canyon Flooding in Southern California", with R. Filson, J. Dorbritz, R. Dortignac, and K. Iyengar, Urban Innovations Group Report, 36 pp., July 1974.
43. Anon. “Interview with Dr. Samuel Aroni", Building Practice, Vol.5, No.6, Bombay, India, pp.5-8, October 1974.
44. "Problems and Prospects for Concrete Housing Construction", with S. P. Shah, International Conference on Housing for the Emerging Nations, Tel-Aviv, Israel, December 1974, International Technical Cooperation Center (ITCC) Review, No.13, pp.139-146, January 1975. Also published in Journal of the Association of Engineers and Architects in Israel, pp.38-45, February 1975.
45. "Land and Land Policy -- The Israeli Example", with I. Cherniavsky, International Conference on Housing for the Emerging Nations Tel-Aviv, Israel, December, 1974, International Technical Cooperation Center (ITCC) Review, supplement to Vol.IV, No.3 (15), pp.173-183, July 1975.
46.” The Ecology of Housing", keynote lecture, International Conference on Housing for the Emerging Nations, Tel-Aviv, Israel, December 1974. Also published in Ekistics, Vol.39, No.235, pp.372-376, June 1975.
47. "Condominium Development in the U.S.A.--An Overview and a Survey", with Y. Faitelson, School of Architecture and Urban Planning Report , 41 pp., June 1975.
48.” Ecology of Housing", International Technical Cooperation Centre (ITCC) Review, supplement to Vol.IV, No.3 (15), pp.18-37, July 1975. Also, published in Ekistics, Vol.39, No.235, pp.372-376, June 1975.
49. "Recommended Practice for the Use of Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete", ACI Committee 223 (Aroni, S., Member), American Concrete Institute Journal, Vol.73, No.6, pp.319-339, June 1976.
50. "Recommended Practice for the Design of Prestressed Concrete Columns and Bearing Walls", PCI Committee on Prestressed Concrete Columns (Aroni, S., Member), Prestressed Concrete Institute Journal, Vol.21, No.6, pp.16-45, November/December 1976.
51. "Elevator Earthquake Safety Control", with K. L. Benuska and W. Schroll, Proceedings, 6th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, New Delhi, India, January 1977.
52. "Polymers in Concrete", ACI Committee 548 Report (Aroni, S., Member), American Concrete Institute, 92 pp., 1977.
53. "Housing Policies: Constraints and Directions", Low Income Housing: Technology and Policy, Pama, R.P., et al., Editors, Vol. III, pp.1111-1150, Bangkok, Thailand, 1977.
54. "Housing Policies: A Developing World Perspective", keynote lecture, International Symposium on Reduction of Housing Costs, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, March 1978. International Journal of Housing Science and Its Applications, Vol.2, No.4, pp.299-344, 1978.
55. National Academy of Sciences, Committee on Socioeconomic Effects of Earthquake Predictions, (Aroni, S., Member) A Program of Studies on the Socioeconomic Effects of Earthquake Predictions, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 162 pp., 1978
56. "Observations on Mortar Lining of Steel Pipelines", with G.L. Fletcher, Pipelines in Adverse Environments, Proceedings of the ASCE Pipeline Division Specialty Conference, Vol.II, pp.430-447, January 1979. Also Transportation Engineering Journal of ASCE, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.105, No.TE6, pp.667--681, November 1979.
57. "Public Housing in Los Angeles--A Social Study", with S. Hasson, School of Architecture and Urban Planning Report, 125 pp., August 1979.
58."YTONG into America -- A Comprehensive Feasibility Study", 582pp., Urban Innovations Group Report, March 1980
59. "The Implementation of Low - Income Housing Policy in the United States: The Case of Section 8 Existing Housing", with Frederick A. Lazin, European Meeting of Urban Researchers, 13 pp., Essen, West Germany, October 1981, in Gerd-Michael Hellstern, et al., Editors,Applied Urban Research, Bonn, Bundesforschungsanstalt fur Landeskunde und Raumordnung, 1982. Published in Perspectives in Urban Geography, C.S. Yadav, ed., New Delhi, India, Vol.11, 1986-88.
60.” The Meaning of Public Housing in Los Angeles: Contradictory Functions and Values”, with S. Hasson, ITCC Review, Vol.44, No. 21-31, December 1982.
61. "Plane Trusses: Analysis and Design Insight", with K. Iyengar, ACSA Annual Meeting, Quebec City, PQ, Canada, April 1982, Proceedings, 70th Annual Meeting, Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, 1983.
62. "The Existing Section 8 Program and the Housing Assistance Plans - A Case Study of Los Angeles and HUD, 1975-1980", with Frederick A. Lazin, Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning Report, 55pp., March 1983.
63. "Federalism, Low-Income Housing Policies and the Myth of Centralized Power", with Frederick A. Lazin, Policy Studies Review, Vol.3, No.1, pp.63-66, August 1983.
64. "The Meaning of Public Housing in Los Angeles: Contradictory Functions and Values", with Shlomo Hasson, International Technical Cooperation Centre (ITCC) Review, Vol.XI, No.4 (44), October 1982.
65. "Injuries Resulting from the Coalinga Earthquake", with Michael Durkin and Anne Coulson, Coalinga, California, Earthquake of May 2, 1983, Reconnaissance Report, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute, Report No.84--03, pp.277-279, January 1984.
66. "On Housing in Developing Countries and for Low Income People", Michael K. Crosby, Fassil Demissie, Victoria Feinberg, Judy Harper, Mark Johnson, Lazaros Papademetropoulos and Biswapriya Sanyal. Jerome H. Snyder and Barry Berkus Systems Building and Housing Research Fellowships. Edited by Samuel Aroni, William Mitchell and Biswapriya Sanyal. GSAUP Report No.844, 245 pp., August 1984.
67. "Injuries and Occupant Behavior in Earthquakes," with Michael Durkin, Joint U.S.-Romanian Seminar on Earthquakes and Energy, Bucharest, Romania, Vol.2, pp.3-40, September 1985.
68.” Introduction - Symposium on Developing Areas, Universities and Public Policy”, with Frederick A. Lazin and Yehuda Gradus, Policy Studies Journal, Vol. 14, No.3, pp. 403-406, March 1986.
69. "How Successful Was Section 8 in Los Angeles? A Case Study of a Housing Subsidy Program", with Frederick A. Lazin, Research Report 86-2, Institute of Governmental Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 18pp., November 1986.
70. "Earthquakes and Fire: A Brief Literature Survey", Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning, UCLA, 27 pp., March 1987.
71. "Shear Strength of Reinforced Aerated Concrete Slabs", with Boris Cividini, Materials and Structures, Vol.22, No.132, pp.443-449, November 1989.
72.” United States RILEM Seminar on Autoclaved Aerated Concrete – Gaithersburg, MD, USA, June 1993”, Materials and Structures, Vol.26, No.9, pp. 563-565, November 1993
73. "On Energy Conservation of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete", Materials and Structures, Vol.23, No.133, pp.68-77, January 1990. Also, in Advances in Building Materials Science - Research and Applications, Festschrift Wittmann, AEDIFICATIO Publishers, Freiburg, pp.283-299, 1996.
74. "Shear Strength of Reinforced Aerated Concrete Beams with Shear Reinforcement", Materials and Structures, Vol.23, No.135, pp.217-222, May 1990.
75. "Earthquake Casualties: A Conceptual Framework and Interdisciplinary Approach", Proceedings of Conference XLIX, A Meeting of the U.S. Ad Hoc Working Group on: "Earthquake Related Casualties", July 13, 1989, Baltimore, Maryland. United States Geological Survey, Open File Report 90-244, pp.129-137, 1990.
76. "International Cooperation - The Ben-Gurion University and the University of California, Los Angeles: A Case Study", Higher Education Policy, Vol.3, No.3, pp.49-55, 1990.
77. "The Role of Universities in Developing Areas", Guest Editor (with Fred A. Lazin and Yehuda Gradus) of Vol.4, No.2 issue of Higher Education Policy, June 1991.
78. "Special Issue: Education and Development", Guest Editor (with Fred Lazin and Yehuda Gradus) of Vol.23, No.1 issue of Higher Education , January 1992.
79. "Universities and National Development: an Introduction", with Fred Lazin and Yehuda Gradus, Higher Education, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 331-333, April 1992.
80. "The Role of Universities in Developing Areas", Guest Editor, with Mariano Alves and Fred A. Lazin, of Vol.8, No.2 issue of Higher Education Policy, July 1995.
81. "Special Issue: Knowledge Networks and Higher Development in Asia", Editorial (with Tony Adams), Higher Education Policy, Vol.10, No.2, pp.99-102, June 1997.
82. "The Challenge of Sustainable Development and the Role of Universities", (with A. Ray Toakley), paper presented at the Fifth INRUDA International Conference, Lulea, Sweden, June 13, 1997, to be published in the Higher Education Policy Journal. Translated into Czech and published inPravnik (The Lawyer), Scientific Review Journal for Problems of State and Law, Vol.136, No.9, pp.737-753, 1997. Higher Education Policy, Vol.11, No.4, pp.331-346, December 1998
83. "INRUDA: Lessons for Higher Education in the 21st Century", (with Fred A. Lazin), paper presented at the Fifth INRUDA International Conference, Lulea, Sweden, June 13, 1997, to be published in the Higher Education Policy Journal.
84. “On Issues Concerning Research in the University Setting”, Architectural Science Review, Vol.42, Issue 2, 1999.
85.” Who Perished on the Struma and How Many?”, in Death on the Black Sea, by Douglas Frantz and Catherine Collins, Harper Collins Publishers, pp.295-335, 2003