A funding opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students of Hispanic/Latino origins, conducting coursework on Mexico during 2015-2016 academic yr.
The UCLA Center for Mexican Studies is pleased to announce that scholarships are available now thanks to funding by the Together We Can/Juntos Podemos program. This funding will be available to undergraduate and graduate students of Hispanic/Latino origins, conducting coursework on Mexico during the 2015-2016 academic year. The amount of each award will be up to $2,000. The goal of the Together We Can/Juntos Podemos program is to sponsor programs that contribute to the development of the Mexican community in the United States and to nurture its ties to Mexico.
Now available to all UCLA majors, minors and graduate programs
Application Opens: October 26, 2015
Closes: November 25, 2015
Letter of Recommendation Due: November 29, 2015
1) Unofficial copy of transcripts
2) Copy of financial aid letter
3) Single-spaced one-page statement describing their personal and scholarly interests on Mexico, Mexico-US relations and/or Mexicans in the United States.
4) One letter of recommendation
5) A study list for the current academic year. This study list should include the names of two courses with Mexico-related content the applicant will take during the fall and winter quarters (one course per quarter) and the name of a faculty member with Mexico-related expertise that can supervise an independent study during the spring of 2016. A course taken during the 2014-2015 may be counted to meet the requirements of the program and can be listed with this application.
For more information:
Program Representative, Latin American Institute
Tel: (310) 825-4571
Published: Monday, October 26, 2015