Orientalism and the Invention of World Literatures, Day 2 of 2
A two-day conference organized by Aamir Mufti, UCLA
Saturday, May 22, 201010:00 AM - 6:00 PM
314 Royce Hall, UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Day two of a two-day conference organized by Aamir Mufti, UCLA.
All events are held in 314 Royce Hall.
Panel III (10:00-11:45am)
- Intersecting Discourses of Orientalism: Identity and Modernity in Late Imperial Russia with Leah Feldman, UCLA.
- On the 'Asala of Salafiyya, and 'Almaniyya with Ronald Judy, University of Pittsburgh.
Panel IV (2:00-4:00)
- Disorienting Transition: 'World Literature in the Eye of 'Development' with Sanjay Krishnan, Boston University.
- Cosmopolitanism in Deep Time with Bruce Robbins, Columbia University.
- Derealizations of the Ideal: Walcott Encounters Seferis with Stathis Gourgouris, Columbia University.
Concluding Remarks and Roundtable (4:30-6:00)
- With Paul A. Bove, University of Pittsburgh; Rashmi Dube Bhatnagar, University of Pittsburgh; Aamir Mufti, UCLA; Stathis Gourgouris, Columbia University
Cost : Free
JohannaRomero, Center for Near Eastern Studies